Friday, April 17, 2009

There is Rest

Yesterday, I met a chaplain named Fasau. We asked him to meet with the muslim father named Baba whose son has been a patient here. I wrote about them earlier. The father wanted to be saved, but had some concerns about the views of his muslim family. Yesterday for the first time, I met Baba's wife. She is a Christian and she would like for her husband to join her in this spiritual journey. I loved that Fasau was a former muslim and became a Christian, so he could perfectly relate with Baba. They have not yet met. Pray that Baba and Fasau will have that divine appointment soon. Baba is a farmer and had to return to his home located hours away, because it is a critical time to farm following the two recent rain showers we have had. This place is transformed. Our red dirt paths that we walk on everyday are becoming narrower red paths. Instead, they are being taken over by green grass. It is the season for renewal.

Fasau shared with us the two convincing truths for his conversion experience from a muslim background and to new life in Christ. One was Jesus' words, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6). The second was also from Jesus, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28).

That is the stark contrast between the two religions--rest. There is rest in Christ. We can rest in green pastures with Christ. There is a calm during the storms of life. Fasau put it very nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment