Friday, April 17, 2009

Encouraging Words

Since Jodi is starting her residency in OB/Gyn, it has been so exciting to see her have the opportunity to take care of many of those patients. She has been able to do c-sections here. Last night we were on call and Jodi took care of a woman who was having problems with delivering. As we know here, God still is sovereign and the baby had already died. It was pressing for Jodi. I understood it all too well from my past experience here two years ago when a baby was delivered dead and the mom died immediately. This is a place of growing and seeing God's sovereignty at all times, even when it is such unexpected tragedy. We have had a very busy week here and the encouragement from others has been so uplifting.

This morning after seeing the patients on rounds, I headed over to see Victoria. On my way, a man who I have never seen before stopped me and offered words that were especially encouraging about what I was doing here. I asked if he worked here. He said no, he was just here attending to someone. His words were angelic and God is using our broken vessels here to witness such encouragement as well as Him doing big things. I accepted the encouragement on behalf of every person who has made much greater sacrifices to be a part of this ministry. You never know when you are entertaining angels....

No comments:

Post a Comment