Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Man Watching the Miracle Next to His Son's Bed

I have written several times about Ayishetu, the little girl who miraculously was healed throughout the weekend after coming in unconscious on Good Friday. Then, the biggest miracle of all occurred, her muslim mother got saved on Easter. Well, at the next bedside, a father has been diligently tending to the needs of his ill son. The man also closely observed every development with Ayishetu. As her mother accepted Christ, we were aware that the man was keenly peering into our eyes during our prayer.

Today, while Rachel and I were rounding on his son, we were moved by his efforts as a steadfast, loving father, more like a soldier dutifully trying to protect his son. Just because of his actions, Rachel asked me if the man was a Christian. For some reason, I knew he could be a muslim. We talked about it and then went through a translator to inquire about his belief. We complimented him on what a remarkable father he has been and how he has had opportunities to witness the power of Christ in this room. It turns out He was a muslim. When we asked if he wanted to know the same love that our Father has for His Son--so much that He sent Him into the world to save us, this man acknowledged that he did. We brought him to the hospital pastor who prayed with him and now the father is saved! Later today, Rachel saw the man and said he had the most remarkable smile on his face. The old was gone and the new has come!

God is good. Many are witnesses to what He's doing here. May He continue to be glorified!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Zsila,

    Sorry I have not written sooner. I have definitely been praying for you and all those you are ministering to in Ghana. I am loving your blogs as always as it makes me feel as though I am there with you and a part of your ministry. I wish I could be there in person-maybe some day! I have been really busy at work and preparing for my marriage in 3 days! Please know, however, that I think of you throughout the day and am continuing to pray for all those God is using you to heal, for all those who have come to know Jesus as Savior, as well as for your physical strength and safety.

    Love you,

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete