Sunday, April 12, 2009

Salvation Came on Easter!

This Easter morning was glorious. The first part of our day was spent at the hospital, rounding on all of our patients. I always go first to Ayishatu's bed, since she has been my sickest patient. She is the one who came in unconscious and has been a miracle for us to behold. Today we found the translators who could talk to the mom in her tribal language. I prepared the nurses that we had some serious talking to do with the mom.

Up to this point, Ayishatu's mom was a muslim but she understands that Jesus Christ healed her child. I asked her if she would like to accept Jesus as her Savior and be made a new person today and have a home in heaven one day. She immediately asked if she could go to church on Easter. We prayed and she accepted Christ. I cannot think of a more significant day than today to be saved. Praise God. Thank you, LORD, for the physical and spiritual healing that has taken place with this family. Thank you for letting us be bystanders in this process of Your greater will for others. I wrote in the hospital orders for "mom to see chaplain for followup." I also wrote in the plan of my note for the girl, "mom accepted Christ today." What beautiful words to write in medical documentation. The nurse is helping assure as will the chaplains that she has followup in her town with churches to attend. I pray her entire family comes to know this grace that is so freely given and it is nothing we can ever "work" our way into doing or becoming. God's Holy Spirit clearly came to them and they accepted His invitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment