Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Road to Jericho

On the road to Jericho, God healed two blind beggars. This I will always remember. On that day, those beggars gained a new perspective visually and spiritually. Today, a 14-year-old girl came in with a 3-month history of headaches and complete blindness. She has had no other symptoms. Her pupils were not reacting normally to light. Jodi asked me if the girl had a brain tumor. Without any imaging to look at her brain, I was praying for God's wisdom. I believe He told me that she has been suffering from psuedotumor cerebri (increased pressure in the brain) that can eventually put so much pressure on the optic nerves that one can go blind. We did the appropriate test, including a lumbar puncture, but we had to counsel the family that this may be irreversible. Jodi quickly brought the girl over to pray together as a group. I truly believe Jesus restored sight to those blind beggars on the road to Jericho. Is it in His will for this child? We know that His purpose is unquestionably good. Before the family left, I saw the girl's face as she was completely overwhelmed with grief. Sensing an urgency, I asked if the family wanted to know the true Healer, Jesus Christ. We explained that knowing Christ is knowing true vision in life. With the hope of Christ, we will see more than this world could ever offer. The family all at once nodded their heads and holding tears back, I walked with her arms around my waist to guide her to the chaplain's office. Her name is Fatimata. They are a muslim family who accepted Christ today. Spiritual vision was restored.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are definitely needed there in Ghana.....I pray for your safety and all those sweet children you are coming in contact with and that God will guide you to help them with your medical knowledge and compassion. We think of you often!! eileen

    ReplyDelete