Friday, April 17, 2009

Another Miracle

Several days ago, I briefly wrote about a man who was having continuous seizures when he was brought in on April 14th. With the limited resources, no one could break the man's seizures through April 16th. I heard the seizures stopped, so today I went to see the man and he was completely normal. The family members are Christians and we just had to emphasize what a miracle this was and how all the glory should go to God, the true physician. This man should have suffered severe brain damage.

I also have another child in the pediatric ward who has been having seizures for 3 days. She is gradually getting better, but needs prayer. Timothy, the 3-year-old child with some type of mass effect in his brain, has been hanging on for dear life. Last night I truly thought his brain was back to herniating again like he presented on April 14th to us. Miraculously, he has made it this far. We do not know the eternal reasons for God's will, but there is purpose. This has been a miracle. Timothy has not awakened to normal activity yet and last night it appeared as if he was heading for home. The family spoke a tribal language that the night nurse could not translate, so Rachel and I just went for it and laid hands on Timothy and I prayed in the name of Christ. I did not know this family's belief, so I wanted to share that we were Christians who wanted to pray over their child. The urgency was so great, so we prayed over him and the next thing I know, the family members also had their hands on their child and were praying in their tribal tongue. Actions were obvious and God clearly heard as we were united in the Spirit. I want God's best for Timothy. I begged God to either usher him into heaven with legions of angels to worship at the feet of Jesus or to keep him here for more purpose. "Do not let anyone look down on you because of your youth" is a Biblical truth found in the 1st book of Timothy. My young patient, Timothy, has been such an example of looking up and begging for God's most holy purpose and mercy on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment